Biological or pathological processes lead to changes in the composition of the proteome. Accurate analysis of such changes in individual proteins/biomarkers can be performed using antibody-based detection systems.
The Applied Biomarkers and Immunoassays group uses various immunoassay platforms for this purpose. The group contributes its technical and scientific know-how to contract research and service projects. The working group is involved in applied research projects with academic partners, as well as in industrial research collaborations and joint projects with partners from industry and academia.
Services are offered tailored to customers' questions and know-how is applied in research collaborations.
Development of sandwich immunoassays
- Singleplex and multiplex immunoassays (Luminex® platform)
- Ultrasensitive immunoassays (SIMOA® platform from QuanterixTM)
- Proof-of-concept assays
- Assay optimizations
- If requested or required including the development of all necessary assay reagents
- Validation of immunoassays according to customer's request and assay requirements according to a fit-for-purpose approach, EMA/FDA or CLSI guidelines
General biochemical methods
- Sample analysis with commercially available assay kits (SIMOA®, Luminex®, ELISA)
- Analysis of exploratory, preclinical and clinical study samples
- Performance of high/ultrasenstive immunoassays on the SIMOA® platform according to GCP regulations
- Biomarker identification
- Assay and technology evaluation
- Consulting on immunoassay technologies
- Protein-protein interaction analysis
- Enzyme substrate assays
- Antibody generation (polyclonal, monoclonal) especially for assay development projects
Techniques, methods, equipment
Depending on the task, state-of-the-art analytical equipment is used to achieve optimum results in terms of efficiency, costs, throughput and quality.
- several Luminex FLEXMAP 3D® instruments
- Luminex MAGPIX®
- Luminex® xMAP® INTELLIFLEX (starting Q1/2021)
- 2 Quanterix® HD-1 Instruments
- Quanterix® SRX Instrument
- ELISA Reader
- SDS-PAGE, Western Blot
- a.o. 3 ÄKTAxpress (GE Healthcare)
- Biacore® 3000
Automation of immunoassays and reagent preparation
- Multiple Kingfisher Flex (ThermoFisher Scientific) Systems