We apply modern methods of material analysis to a variety of functional materials and devices to understand and improve their microstructure-property correlation. We work closely with various partners from industry and research as well as other research groups at the NMI.
Further main focuses are the analysis of biological samples and active implants as well as the production and characterization of thin films for sensor and actuator applications.
- Analytical electron microscopy
- EDX (Energy Dispersive X-Ray Analysis)
- FIB/SEM analysis of surfaces and cross-sections
- FIB/SEM Tomography
- cryo FIB/SEM
- Raman spectroscopy
- AFM Atomic Force Microscopy
- Development of preparation methods
- Biological Technical Interfaces
- Electrochemical characterization methods
- impedance spectroscopy
- Zeiss Crossbeam 550
Equipped with Oxford XMax EDX Detector, Plasmacleaner, Platinum and Carbon deposition, Kleindiek micromanipulator MM3AE
- Jeol ARM 200F High Resolution Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM / STEM)
with CEOS Cs corrector
- Zeiss Crossbeam 1540 mit Kryo-Option
- Renishaw innVia
- Bruker Innova AFM
- Zeiss Axioimager Z2.M
- Zeiss SmartZoom
All methods listed above are also offered as a service within the scope of preliminary projects or for customers from industry.