Conference programme: Programme (PDF)
Abstracts: Abstract book (PDF)
Information for poster presenters
The poster session will be on Thursday, July 7 in the afternoon. Posters should be prepared in a portrait/vertical A0 format. Poster presenters are responsible for printing their own posters. Poster boards will be set up after the morning session, and poster presenters will need to hang their posters during/after lunch in the adjacent room.
- Prof. Diego Ghezzi, Medtronic Chair in Neuroengineering, EPFL Lausanne, Switzerland
Title: "Neuroprostheses for artificial vision"
- Prof. Donhee Ham, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
Title: "Brain, copy and paste"
- Prof. Ellis Meng, University of Southern California, CA, USA
Title: "Polymer Microelectrode Array Interfaces to the Nervous System"
- Dr. Susanna Mierau, Brigham and Women's Hospital, USA
Title: "Network function in human cerebral organoids as a platform for mechanistic and therapeutic advances in cognitive disorders"
- Dr. Lucia Wittner, Research Center for Natural Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Title: "Physiological and pathological synchronisations in the human cortex"
The scientific program of the MEA Meeting will consist of:
- Invited and contributed talks in single-track scientific sessions
- Two poster sessions
The topics covered in the scientific sessions will include the full range of research with microelectrode arrays with a focus on:
- Stem cell-derived applications (neurons, cardio, muscle)
- Assay development (multiwell applications, validation strategies)
- Neural networks
- Disease models
- Microphysiological systems (organ-on-chip systems, microfluidics)
- Electro- and photostimulation
- Correlative methods (optical and electrophysiological stimulation and/or recording)
- Human cells and tissues
- In vivo applications (clinical applications, electrophysiological monitoring e.g. of nervous, cardiac or pancreatic signals)
- New technology: materials, designs and fabrication methods