Nanoanalytics of materials, surfaces, interfaces and particles
We test and analyze materials and their internal interfaces, material surfaces and nanoparticles using a wide range of analytical methods.
Materials technology / mechanical engineering / electrical engineering / microsystems technology
- Characterization of materials and coatings
- Analysis of physical and chemical solid state properties
- Elucidation of phenomena at internal interfaces and at surfaces of nanostructures
- Testing of new manufacturing processes and materials
- Development of new coating systems for the energy transition
- Investigation of chemical and physical processes at the lubricant-material interface
- Damage analysis for material fatigue and wear
- Investigation and prevention of tribological damage, e.g. in automotive engineering, marine gearboxes and wind turbines
- Analysis of lubricants
Techniques, methods, equipment
We develop new preparation methods (cryopreparation and microscopy, insitu liftout) in joint projects and in direct cooperation with our customers and industrial partners. All methods are systematically linked (correlative nanoanalytics) to provide an optimal answer for any problem in the material science and biological fields.
- 3D nanoanalytics with FIB/SEM tomography and TEM tomography.
- Sample transfer between instruments under inert gas, vacuum and cryo
- Electrochemical characterization methods using impedance spectroscopy.
- Scanning Electron Microscopy SEM with EDX
- Focused Ion Beam FIB with EDX
- High resolution transmission electron microscopy
- TEM / STEM with EDX and EELS
- Photoelectron spectroscopy XPS, ESCA
- Infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Raman spectroscopy (Raman)
- Secondary ion mass spectrometry SIMS
- Secondary neutral particle mass spectrometry SNMS
- Light microscopy
- Infrared spectroscopy FTIR
- Surface topography (3D roughness)
- contact angle and surface energy measurement
- Instrumented indentation testing (nano hardness) NH
- nano Scarch Tester
- Atomic Force Microscopy AFM
As an accredited testing laboratory we perform tests according to DIN EN ISO / IEC 17025.